- "As you might have guessed from the lines above, I’m not particular happy with the current way our industry is working. I know that I’m not alone with this opinion, but this article is about bringing my frustration to an end. I accept that I cannot change anything with complaints."
- "Stop talking about tools, stop being a smart ass about why something should have been done differently. We are all responsible for making it a place for happiness and creation again."
- "What they never could have told you 20 years ago, though, is how boring and intense and unrelenting this sort of capitalist micro-assault is, from all directions at all waking moments, and how, 20 years later, it only shows signs of getting much more intense, focused, targeted, unyielding and galactically more boring."
- "They look at every spare moment of life as a potential to sell you a product. Every square inch of unused space is a place where an ad should be. Every last bit of meaning in the world should be "presented by" a corporate entity."
- "In 2015, we live in a time of broad-based and pervasive organizational decline. While Silicon Valley champions all that is “startup”, another way to perceive the accelerated birth-and-death cycle of organizations is that they’ve become shorter-lived and more disposable in general."
- "The real tragedy would be if people forgot you could have new ideas about programming models in the first place."
- "And #UGH! do these pics get a ton of cheap LIKES…#JEAL"
- "Web Design is 95% Typography"
- "The result is not only that it has become morally acceptable to sell off other people's attention without their consent in the name of free market economics. But, in addition, anyone who refuses to do so is considered an economic idiot - someone who leaves money on the table."
"Type has no drawl."
"These beliefs and these forms have to do with the security and insecurity of going forward into the void."