Disneyland with the Death Penalty - William Gibson
- "I didn't see a single 'bad' girl in Singapore. And I missed her."
- "But where else in the world today is the adjoining sleazy bordertown Islamic?"
- "Singapore is curiously, indeed gratifyingly devoid of certain aspects of creativity. I say gratifyingly because I soon found myself taking a rather desperate satisfaction in any evidence that such a very tightly-run ship would lack innovative elan."
- "And you come to suspect that the reason you see so few actual police is that people here all have, to quote William Burroughs, 'the policeman inside.'"
- "Put on a white shirt laundered so perfectly the cuffs could slit your wrists."
- "And I must've been starting to lose it, because I saw a crumpled piece of paper on the spotless floor and started snapping pictures of it. They really didn't like that."
ARTHUR TRESS: 'PHOTOGRAPHS' - ASX
- "Dissatisfied with his experience, he soon dropped out and until 1966 he spent time in Europe, Mexico, India, Japan, Egypt, and other countries in Africa."
Travis County GOP Apoplectic Over New Chairman - Jordan Rudner
- "'Tell them they can go fuck themselves,' Morrow told the Tribune."
- "Last week, he tweeted that the Republican National Committee was just a 'gay foam party.'"
We Should All Have Something To Hide - Moxie Marlinspike
- "You probably do have something to hide, you just don't know it yet."
- "Imagine if there were an alternate dystopian reality where law enforcement was 100% effective, such that any potential law offenders knew they would be immediately identified, apprehended, and jailed."
- "How could people have decided that marijuana should be legal, if nobody had ever used it? How could states decide that same sex marriage should be permitted, if nobody had ever seen or participated in a same sex relationship?"
The GOP's Super Tuesday bloodbath: Dick Nixon counts the bodies - @DICK_NIXON
- "My God, did you see Christie when he stood behind Trump tonight? I've seen happier men go to the gas chamber."
- "To call it Rubio's failure would give him too much credit. Failure connotes competition in strength, character, or ideas; Rubio has none of those things."
- "There couldn't be a worse outcome for McConnell, Priebus, and all the bastards who sat on their fat butts while Trump poked open wounds in every factory town from here to the Gulf."
Cryptography Pioneers Win Turing Award - John Markoff
- "Public-key cryptography is a method for scrambling data in which each party has a pair of keys, one which can be publicly shared and the other which is known only to the intended recipient of a message."
There are no acceptable ads - FiveFilters
- "Why should any of us put up with being advertised to when we have no interest in giving our attention to advertisers? Advertising is not some noble industry that deserves our attention."