I wrote an essay about working overnights. - Peter Nickeas
- "There isn't a relationship in my life that is stronger now than it was five years ago. I've lost touch with friends, I've flaked on personal engagements, I've lost energy."
- "I went probably a solid 12 months past what should have been my end point, and during that period I stopped remembering uneventful nights. Guys tell me things, I have no memory of those things."
- "I want to live, again. I miss living."
Compliance with Court Orders Act of 2016 - Richard Burr, Diane Feinstein
- "(5) to uphold both the rule of law and protect the interests and security of the United States, all persons receiving an authorized judicial order for information or data must provide, in a timely manner, responsive, intelligible information or data, or appropriate technical assistance to obtain such information or data;"
An MIT Underwear Exposé (and Sorting Hat) - Lydia K.
- "There is a sad, persistent decrease in multicolored underwear, ending with none by senior year."
- "Bayes' Theorem allows us to calculate what we don't know from what we do."
Tim Hecker: 'I make pagan music that dances on the ashes of a burnt church' - Bella Todd
- "'I need a little bit of threat, menace, confusion about what I'm making.'"
- "'You take home your Apple Store computer with your Apple Store keyboard and you make music you're told by Apple to make.'"
- "He began work on Love Streams by illegally downloading a bunch of choral works by Josquin des Prez, a 15th- and 16th-century Franco-Flemish composer who left little of himself to history beyond graffitiing his name in the Sistine Chapel."
- "'I found myself questioning my work. Like, in 2016, is music better than it was in 1547? Probably not, right?'"
Keeping secrecy the exception, not the rule: An issue for both consumers and businesses - Brad Smith
- "Notably and even surprisingly, 1,752 of these secrecy orders, or 68 percent of the total, contained no fixed end date at all. This means that we effectively are prohibited forever from telling our customers that the government has obtained their data."
- "Ultimately, we view this case as similar to the other three that we have filed. It involves the fundamental right of people and businesses to know when the government is accessing their content and our right to share this information with them."
The usefulness of Clojure's cond-> - Jake McCrary
- "Looking through the codebases I work on, I almost primarily see cond-> being used with the initial expression being a hash-map."