- Donald Trump fired acting Attorney General Sally Yates after she directed Department of Justice lawyers not to defend Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven mostly Muslim countries.
- The White House statement announcing her dismissal claims she "betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States."
- Trump replacement Dana J. Boente immediately reversed Ms Yates' directive.
- David Frum extrapolates now to nightmare in How to Build an Autocracy.
- House Judiciary aides helped draft Trump's executive order banning Muslim immigrants -- in secret, without consulting congressional leadership.