- The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously upheld the order made last Friday by U.S. District Court Judge James Robart blocking President Trump's executive order that barred residents of 7 Muslim-majority countries – as well as refugees – from entering the United States.
- Trump's nominee to the Supreme Court, Neil Gorsuch, expressed dismay at Trump's attack on the judiciary.
- The Senate confirmed Jeff Sessions as Attorney General by a vote of 52-47.
- Kellyanne Conway – a top adviser to President Trump – likely violated federal ethics rules when she went on Fox News and told viewers to purchase products from Ivanka Trump's fashion line.
- The Senate confirmed Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education, with Vice President Mike Pence casting the tie-breaking vote 51-50. Republicans Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski joined the Democrats to vote in opposition.